IoT (Internet of Things) devices with voice control are becoming increasingly popular as they offer a convenient and hands-free way to interact with smart devices. Voice control enables users to command and control their IoT devices using natural language, making them more accessible and user-friendly. Here are some common examples of IoT devices that incorporate voice control:
- Smart Speakers: Smart speakers like Amazon Echo with Alexa, Google Home with Google Assistant, and Apple HomePod with Siri have built-in voice control. They serve as central hubs for controlling various IoT devices in your home, such as lights, thermostats, and smart locks.
- Smart Thermostats: Thermostats like the Nest Thermostat or ecobee have voice control features, allowing you to adjust the temperature using voice commands. For example, you can say, “Hey Google, set the temperature to 72 degrees.”
- Smart Lighting: Smart bulbs and lighting systems from companies like Philips Hue or LIFX can be controlled via voice. You can turn lights on and off, change colors, and adjust brightness using voice commands.
- Smart Locks: Some smart locks, such as the August Smart Lock Pro, are compatible with voice assistants. You can lock and unlock your door with a simple voice command after setting up the integration.
- Smart TVs and Streaming Devices: Many smart TVs and streaming devices, such as Roku or Fire TV, support voice control for functions like changing channels, searching for content, and adjusting the volume.
- Smart Appliances: Some kitchen appliances like smart ovens and refrigerators may offer voice control features. For example, you can preheat your oven or check the contents of your refrigerator by voice command.
- Smart Cameras: Voice control can be integrated into home security cameras, allowing you to view camera feeds and control camera settings using your voice.
- Smart Home Hubs: Smart home hubs like Samsung SmartThings and Hubitat Elevation often have voice control integration, enabling you to manage and automate various IoT devices.
- Smart Shades and Blinds: Motorized window shades and blinds can be controlled with voice commands to open or close them, adjust the level of light, or set schedules.
- Voice-Controlled Assistants: Besides the aforementioned dedicated IoT devices, you can also use voice assistants like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple Siri on your smartphone or tablet to control a wide range of IoT devices through voice commands.
Keep in mind that voice control may require setting up integrations or skills, and compatibility with specific voice assistants can vary between devices and manufacturers. Also, it’s essential to consider privacy and security when using voice-controlled IoT devices, as they typically require a continuous listening mode to respond to voice commands.
Here are more examples of IoT devices with voice control: