SAP Fiori is a new user experience (UX) for SAP software and applications. It provides a set of applications that are used in regular business functions like work approvals, financial apps, calculation apps and various self-service apps.
SAP UX strategy consists of three components −
- New − New provides a consumer grid user experience for the new applications i.e. all the applications, which are yet to be built.
- Renew − Renew is applied to the existing applications.
- Enable − Enable is to provide a customer an ability to improve user experience of any SAP software to allow them to decide which business scenario is critical for them.
When a research was conducted, it was found that most of the SAP users use SAP User Interface to access the applications. These included common applications related to Manager-employee interactions such as leave request, travel request, etc. These Graphical User Interface had more than 300,000 screens with various functions in it. SAP checked the most frequently used application and then decided to renew these applications. This is how SAP Fiori was born.
SAP Fiori provides 300+ role-based applications like HR, Manufacturing, finance, etc. When you open the SAP Fiori home page application, you will see a picture of the flowers. It is because Fiori means ‘flowers’ in Italian.
One could personalise and simplify the user experience for SAP applications. Using modern UX design principles, SAP Fiori delivers a role based, consumer – grade user experience across all lines of business, tasks and devices.
SAP Fiori provides all business roles in real time on compatible hand devices. It offers business roles on easy to use functions, simple with unmatched responsiveness on desktop, smartphones and Tablets.
SAP Fiori enables multiple device applications that allow users to start a process on their desktop/laptops and to continue that process on a smartphone or on a tablet. SAP has developed Fiori Apps based on User interface UI5.
SAP Fiori 2.0 is the leading design for all SAP applications providing a harmonised user experience across on premise and cloud solutions. A new visual theme – named Belize – comes along with light and dark flavors. Using SAP S/4HANA, the UI Theme Designer allows you to adapt the theme to your corporate identity.
- With SAP Fiori 2.0, the SAP Fiori Launchpad is your central and role-based entry point to access all apps.
- With the viewport concept, the user’s desktop has been expanded to the left and to the right. While users can access the Me Area to the left, notifications on the right keep them well informed.
- The SAP Fiori 2.0 concept also includes new SAP Fiori elements – Overview Pages, List Reports, and Object Pages – which can be easily developed using SAP Web IDE.